Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The lakes around here are frozen over. It happened just a few days ago. We're expecting eight inches of snow tonight. Time to take out the skates and cross country skis.

In the meantime I'll post more on my other canoe waka and ama projects. I will also keep a photo log of building a long, insulated epoxy curing box along one wall in my garage. I hope to heat the interior to 30 or 40 C.

It's time to put together sailing rigs. I plan to start with a relatively small, Oceanic Lateen shunting rig, no more than 100 square feet, something light weight and easy to learn on.

I plan to cut the sails out of heavy duty poly tarp and then engage a local small business that sews tarpaulins and awnings to hem the edges.

I'm also pretty keen about wing sails and have printed out a dozen or so U.S. patent documents on them.

No comments:

 

gold party